Friday, April 14, 2017

Let's Have A Jane Austen Tea and Parlor Party!

Or maybe a weekend retreat?



This coming July will mark the 200th year of Jane Austen's Death. Jane Austen has brought so much wit, humor and just plain good reading to us, we are so thankful for her life!    So, why not consider throwing a Jane Austen Themed Tea and Parlor Party?  I am beginning to make plans for mine, which means gathering up items over time that might come into play.   


Tea cup and tier cookie platter on clearance aisle at Ross.  Tea pot from Amazon.


I love tea accessories.  I love to have tea parties, but must admit that I haven't them as often as I should.   I am always trying to find frugal ways to decorate and to have themed parties.  I am slowly building up my Jane Austen themed party items.  I go to discount stores and always scour  the clearance aisles,  and of course the thrift stores are always great places to find inexpensive items.  I do not want you to think that I spend extravagant amounts of money on these items.   I am really just a poor relation from "Cheapside".  ;-)  I want  to encourage you to be frugal too.  So, I will try to let you know where I get my items (extremely discounted) so you can check these places out as well.   If you are belong to a  one income family like mine, your bread winner will love you for this.  

Cake stand for my cookies, borrowed from my daughter in law, who said she bought it for $5!




After a delightful time of tea, it might be refreshing to have a few activities .    How about playing this wonderful card game:  Marrying Mr. Darcy?  This darling game came to me by way of my very sweet niece , Sarah.  Thank you Sarah, you can see it will be put to GOOD use!




Another activity could be some relaxing coloring time from the  Pride and Prejudice coloring book!




It is always so much fun to have an envelope making session for some good Jane Austen themed letter writing.  Be sure to take advantage of deep discounts at crafting stores when they put their scrapbooking paper half off or more.  Try to make it your motto "Never Pay Full Price"!  It could even turn into a letter writing social!  Have your like minded friends bring a stash of fun things to share, and perhaps making an entire afternoon of it.  Who knows....it might even morph into a Jane Austen weekend retreat!  Now that would be quite felicitous, would it not?  


What about you?  Do you have some ideas that you could share perhaps about  a Jane Austen themed party?

Write Letter,
Write often!

Lady Pamela



7 comments:

  1. Oh how I wish that you, Lady Pickle and Lady Rinker could come to southern California for JASNA in October! That would be a lovely party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How I wish I could be there too! Maybe in the future....plan a Jane Austen Retreat????

      Delete
  2. In the economic sectors this micro economics is one of the great side which will let you have all the informations about financial facts easily. look here to find out more helpful tips on writing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. People mostly like technology posts and your taste is very interesting but for better http://www.correctmysentence.com/why-you-cant-fix-the-sentence-online-without-reading-this/skills you should take proper training at low cost.thanks for sharing this post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really appreciate your efforts.My see this website collegue like to visit your forum on daily basis and she often keep sharing stuff with me.Very nice effort.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are just having frustration in our lives and if we have such contents to enjoy so we can put that on www.sentencestructure.org/free-online-english-grammar-checker as well to learn more from the expertise of others so they can give us our points.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love to read novels written by Jane Austen. Jane Austen's novel are based on reality. In her novels, we read about the relationships of couples and related to marrieges. Just look here for more info.

    ReplyDelete